1. WHAT ARE COOKIES ?
Cookies are small files that are installed on the USER's terminal when visiting a website in order to store data that can be updated and recovered by the person responsible for its installation. If the USER does not register or leave personal information on the site, the server will be aware that someone with that cookie returned to the website but it will be impossible for him to associate the navigation with a specific and identified USER.
2. WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
Cookies, depending on their expiration, can be classified into session or permanent cookies. The former expire when the user closes the browser while the latter remain for a longer time during which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed.
They can also be distinguished depending on the entity that manages the computer or domain from which cookies are sent and the data obtained is treated. In this case, they are classified as:
- Own cookies: those that are sent to the User's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the Owner of the Website and from which the service requested by the User himself is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the User's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the Owner of the Website, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through Cookies.
Cookies can also be classified according to their purpose and therefore we can talk about:
- Technical Cookies: allow the User to browse through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session or making the purchase process of an order.
- Personalization Cookies: allow the User to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user's terminal such as language or browser type.
- Analytical Cookies: allow the person responsible for them, the monitoring and analysis of the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of such sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising Cookies: they allow the management, in the most efficient way possible of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the publisher has included in a website, application or platform from which it provides the requested service based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency in which the ads are displayed.
3. HOW TO DISABLE OR DELETE COOKIES?
The User may configure his/her browser so that cookies are not installed or to receive an on-screen notice each time a cookie wants to be installed, being able to decide at any time whether or not to accept it. Likewise, the user can decide to delete the cookies that he/she has installed by changing the settings of his/her browser or by manually deleting them through it. Please note that the deletion of cookies may result in a decrease in the quality or functionalities of the website. To perform these operations, you must follow the prompts of the browser you use:
- Google Chrome http://bit.ly/2yxQv5L
- Mozilla Firefox https://mzl.la/2IiAiB6
- Safari https://apple.co/2KhESEK
- Internet Explorer http://bit.ly/2K5